I may think they’re kooky, but they have good household guidelines to follow.
Q: What techniques do you use to handle discipline problems and keep your homeschooling on track each day?
A: The Duggar House Guidelines:
- Always use soft words, even when you dont feel well.
- Always display kind actions, even if you have been mistreated.
- Show joyful attitudes, even when no one is looking.
- Have sincere motives with no thought of self-gain.
- Think pure thoughts.
- Always give a good report of others. Never tale-bear unless physical harm will come to someone. Use Matthew 18.
- Never raise a hand to hit.
- Never raise a foot to kick.
- Never raise an object to throw.
- Never raise a voice to yell.
- Never raise an eye to scowl.
- Use one toy/activity at a time.
- Never let the sun go down on your wrath.
- Dont go to bed angry or guilty
- J.O.Y. Make serving your family a priority. Put Jesus first, Others second, and Yourself last.