Outside my window: it stopped raining, and looks like it might hit 60 today.
I am hearing: The television, Kaisa typing, Aby napping, and Aly drinking her juice obnoxiously loud.
I am thinking: That I need to do laundry and start packing for our trip to NC.
I am hoping: for a nap.
I am watching: nothing at the moment. Last night’s Vampire diaries was pretty good…almost epic. I’m gonna go hulu Bones in a min.
I am creating: this journal entry. I let out a dress last night, and cut the pattern for another one, though I don’t have enough of the fabric, so I might just make dresses for the girls out of it. I caught myself up on work, but not on the pile of clothing repairs, so I guess I could work on that.
I am wearing: a lime green plush bathrobe.
In the kitchen: is a pile of fruit loops, goldfish crackers, and animal crackers under Aby’s high chair. For dinner this week that’s already over, we had:
- Monday: Macaroni and Sausages in a homemade sauce
- Tuesday: Macaroni and Meatballs
- Wednesday: Pizza
- Thursday: Pork Chops, Artichokes, and Mashed Rutabaga
- Friday: leftover fritatta, per usual
Around the house: I changed the sheets in the girls room. Did the usual sweep, dust, swipe…Nothing else really, except cleaning the basement and starting to pack for our move.
Plans for the week: North Carolina, here we come!
A few things to share:
- go here and add my rss feed to see what else I share throughout the week.
- Typekit launched. This will change the way you design websites. Add a line of code to your pages and choose from hundreds of fonts. Simple, bulletproof, standards compliant, accessible, and totally legal.
- Last Days of Gourmet: In Pictures
- Vintage Telephones as inspiration as decorative items, even for lighting!
- Supermodel Marisa Miller has teamed up with Harley-Davidson motorcycles as the new spokeswoman for all of November in support of the first ever Military Appreciation Month.
- In Case of Vampire
- Don’t forget! Clever Colgate ad
- “If you are demanding registration before checkout, you need to cease this practice immediately. It is costing you a fortune.” – Tog: How to Achieve Painless Registration
- “What we know about eating animals is that we don’t want to know.” – The New Yorker: Should you eat meat?’
- 90s rock bands that disappeared for a while but produced surprisingly good albums recently that nobody knows about
- Short on cash but need a killer dress for Friday night? Try Rent the Runway for a mail-order designer dress rental.
- It’s interesting how many of Google’s expanded listings have become even more useful than the home page behind the link.
- “Now he mostly answers email, and occasionally finds time to actually program.” – Regarding and possibly by Loren Brichter: a succinct explanation of an independent developer’s life.
- If only everyone’s intestines could be so gingery… anatomical vegetarian ad
- How did the Byzantine Empire stay around so long? A look at the answers might hold some lessons for the present-day United States.
- ‘Gilmore’ creator’s stunning reveal: ‘I had a different path planned for Rory’
- Until you get past $40,000 a year, any raise or higher paying job you get might actually sink you deeper into poverty. I’m soooooo close.
- Custom designed monster from CurlyQ Cuties,
Where I’ll be tonight:
Friday, November 20, 2009
6:00pm – 10:00pm
Bank of America City Center
Join us for our opening night celebration when the Providence Roller Derby trades wheels for blades to usher in the 2009-2010 ice skating season at the Bank of America City Center! A portion of every admission and skate rental that night will benefit the non-profit organization, Providence Roller Derby.