Outside my window: it’s gray and miserable again. Welcome to New England.
I am hearing: Mrs Spider’s sunny patch friends, a show on nick jr that my three year old likes, and myself sniffling because I have a cold.
I am thinking: nothing. I’m all fogged up, so thinking isn’t happening at the moment.
I am hoping: that I get a chance to shower before I run out to the bank. I’m also hoping that Alex decides to stay home instead of going to practice. He needs the rest.
I am watching: nothing at the moment. I just watched last night’s episodes of House and Castle. I found out that Eastwick is canceled, but Forgotten is going to have more new episodes, which is a total bummer because Eastwick was at least different then all the mysteries on right now. I’m waiting for last night’s Gossip Girl to finish downloading so I can watch that.
I am creating: oh boy. Getting sick really backlogged my work. I need to focus on that asap.
I am wearing: a nightgown with my husband’s pajama pants underneath.
In the kitchen: is a clean sink, because our Finnish house guest does dishes. For dinner this week..did I really lose my meal plan again? Well, since I can’t find it, and there’s chicken breasts defrosting in the fridge, here’s what we’ll be eating:
- Monday: Beef Post Roast with potatoes and carrots
- Tuesday: Chicken and veggie stir fry
- Wednesday: Chicken parm with french fries (cause, seriously, french fries with pasta sauce is awesome)
- Thursday: Something else I defrost from the freezer – maybe sausage and pappers
- Friday: leftover fritatta, per usual
Around the house: Well, the aformentioned house guest. I need to sweep/vacuum/mop the whole house. It’s week 2, which means I’m focusing on the Master Bedroom. I’ve already started to tackle the mountains of laundry around my room. I changed the sheets, dusted a little, and straighted up. Not much left to do, just the rest of the laundry and installing shelves for my shoes. I don’t care if we’re moving in a month or two. I’ve asked for these damn shelves for a year now, and I’m going to have them – even if I have to do it myself.
Plans for the week: I rescheduled my pap smear, which you all needed to know, right? I have a cold, so I really just want to rest. I have therapy Thursday. I want to teach my cousin how to run my online store, so I can eventually just give it to her. Oh, yeah, and all that work I’ve been putting off so I can rest and get better.
A few things to share:
- go here and add my rss feed to see what else I share throughout the week.
- I love how mommablogsalot‘s husband brings her home Dark Chocolate Reese’s Cups when she’s had a long day.
- Crispy, chewy, thick Chocolate Chip Cookies baked in 90 seconds with a waffle iron.
- I use my iphone in the kitchen. I tried the Demy, but it’s too expensive. The new Qooq (probably pronounced cook) looks cool, and I’d love to try it out, but at a price of $500, I’ll stick with my iphone.
- Halloween is over, but Autumn isn’t. These carved pumpkins over at Centsationsal Girl are so inspirational and check out this this awesome angler fish jack-o-lantern. Rawr!
- It looks like Congress will extend the first-time home buyer tax credit.
- Kottke says: “The Denver Post followed high school graduate Ian Fischer as he enlisted in the Army, went through training, left for Iraq, and returned home; the photos tell quite a story.” I say that kid is retarded in his relationship decisions.
- Can You Use the Power Coming Through a Phone Jack?
- Jason makes boatloads of money by wearing other peoples’ t-shirts
- DrawerVac: Built-In Under-Counter Vacuum Drawer
- How to Make Milk Foam (Without a Frother or a Machine!)